Monday, September 5, 2011

Obligatory Ironic Labor Day Post

Well, it's time to celebrate having a job by taking the day off again here in America, so with that in mind, I skipped my Friday post in order to post today.

What will I be doing this Labor Day? Well, since I am still unemployed, I will be filling out applications and sending in my resume for a good chunk of the day. Then I will be working on my thesis and getting it ready to go through the IRB again, since I am taking out a portion of the methods section that deals with a data collection technique that has ultimately failed to come through. The good news is that by refocusing my thesis, I should be able to look at the data I do get more closely, which will help me overall when it comes time to defend my work.

So really, I'm going to be doing more work than most people (except for those who have to go to their jobs today, of course). To the people who do actually have to go in to work today: I salute you.

-AMW

1 comment:

  1. does yardwork count?...home goods didn't want to pay me time x 1.5 today, so i'm doin' stuff around the house...

    ReplyDelete