Friday, August 26, 2011

When Prospects Don't Pan Out

Update on the multiple prospects I had last week. The receptionist job at the medical center: I have heard nothing after my initial interview from them. The editor position for the student centered paper turns out to be a super-part-time job, instead of the full-time position that I was led to believe it was when I applied. The fiction writing I was doing? Massive writer's block.

This has also been the first week of classes for the fall semester, so I have been staying busy meeting with professors and fellow grad students. It was good to be on campus again, though I'm going to miss teaching.

Of course I'm still applying to jobs; I want to work and earn my keep. Trying to stay positive is difficult when the vast majority of the answers (if they're not a silent dismissal) is "no", but it's important to keep my head up and my eyes out for an opportunity.

-AMW

No comments:

Post a Comment