Thursday, June 9, 2011

The First Post

Well here I am, creating another blog...only this time, it's to help myself gain employment.

My name is Alice Malia Weaver, and I am currently in my last steps to acquiring my Master of Science in Public Communications & Technology. The last steps include finishing my thesis, as I have already finished all my coursework. However, as my attempts to get outside input that I need for my thesis have garnered little in the way of participation, I find myself looking for a job to help me pay my bills.

I am on CareerBuilder.com, as well as a few other sites. The reason I am making this blog is because of the following:
1) It is free and I need the exposure
2) I have been given 250 free business cards, and whilst designing them, I wanted to put a website on the cards
3) A blog chronicling my adventures in job searching will help me keep my spirits up as well as keep me organized

Hopefully I will gain employment sooner rather than later, but I have found that my well of patience is deep and abiding in all things, so if I have to wait to find a good job, I will wait.

So ends the first post.
-AMW

No comments:

Post a Comment