Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Career Advising

I went to the Career Center at my university today. I had already had a Liberal Arts Career Counselor look over my resume, but I wanted to get a second opinion from a Business Career Counselor. The counselor was very nice and looked over my resume, noting where I could improve my resume and giving me a lot of helpful hints and advise. He even got me to laugh a couple times, which was great and improved the overall experience. He also liked my business card and said it was a good tactic to use to help my employment chances.

I had been doubting my resume's ability to grab attention because I had been getting so few calls about my applications to work in different fields, and I was right to worry. My professional profile at the top is lacking in several aspects, so I will be rewriting it, as well as replacing my "Relevant Coursework" section with something else.

I also cleaned out my box at the Graduate Teaching Assistant Office today, since I was on campus. That was a little sad, but I am looking to the future, where I will finish my thesis and finally acquire my MS in Public Communications and Technology.

I guess today has been all about looking over what I have done in order to look towards what I can accomplish, and that always puts a smile on my face.

-AMW

No comments:

Post a Comment