Friday, October 7, 2011

Timelines and Obligations

I was given an ultimatum yesterday: either I get a job within the next two months, or I will be forced to move back to Michigan at the end of the year. Dad gave me the autonomy to go get a job using my own brain/resources, and I haven't landed a job yet. To say he is displeased by this is a huge understatement, right up there with saying "the sun is hot".

So now that my timelines for, well, just about everything are cut down to the end of the year. This wouldn't be a problem, except I've been averaging maybe one interview for my thesis a month, and I still have to schedule three interviews. This could go either really well (I get them all done by the end of this month), or really badly (I do my last interview, and then have to move a week later). With this new timeline I've been handed, I don't know when/if I'll ever be able to get back to CSU to defend my thesis, so in actuality, I'll have to be defended by the end of the year.

However, if I can get a job, even a part-time job that's steady, I can stay in Fort Collins for another couple of months past the end of the year, and that would help me out immensely. So even though I was sending out, on average, 30+ resumes/filled applications a week, I need to knuckle down and do twice that many.

There is still hope; two months may go by pretty quickly, but I can make the best of it and try everything I can to extend my stay in Fort Collins.

-AMW

No comments:

Post a Comment