Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Keeping Your Groove

Happy Tuesday, Readers. I hope your weekend was lovely.

Since we are back in The Roaring Twenties, I have found myself listening to both jazz music and electro swing more often than not when I want to listen to something that isn't a podcast, or just want to have background music. I am one of those people who is willing to listen to any type of music for at least a while, and my taste can sometimes be considered "eclectic" at best.

Music is wonderful; it can be a source of quiet solace, loud jubilation, or inspiration. I usually have instrumental music on when I'm writing, because it helps when there isn't oppressive silence, but I find it harder to write when I'm also half-listening to lyrics, so instrumental is the best option as it helps me keep my groove.

When it comes to being motivated, music helps there too; the right song can get you going on your path forward. Think about this: when you need to motivate yourself, is there a certain song or album you listen to in order to help you get into the right mindset?

Whether you listen to pop, rock, country, jazz, electro swing, classical, or punk, I hope your groove is a good one this week.

-A.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment