Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Moving as an Act of Moving On

I read an article stating that people were moving less for work. I understand that; moving is expensive, not many companies will help you with expenses to move, and the vast majority of office work can be done online now so moving seems unnecessary. Let's face it: you don't really need to move if it's not for work, or to go to college.

However, there are times when moving seems to be performative, not just moving to a new job in a new place, but to a new stage of your life. Sometimes you need that; sometimes you need to literally move on.

As part of looking for work and narrowing down what career path I want, I've also had to take a look at which companies make use of that service and where lots of them are located relatively close to each other. Short answer: tech-based companies and Not Anywhere Near Fort Collins. So moving has definitely been on my mind lately, and I don't mind the thought of it.

I do love Fort Collins, and it has been exactly what I needed as a place to live when I needed it, but I think that unless I get a remote job, it may be time to move.

A.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment